Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Goodbye October!!!

Wow! I can't believe it's almost November. That means my least favorite time of the year is almost here...winter!! With the weather the last couple of days it sure seems like it will be here soon. With the changing of the seasons please make sure your child is dressed appropriately. This means having to dig out the winter coats, hats, and mittens. I know I have to get them dug out at my house...hopefully I can find them after our move last weekend :) I did have several students bring winter coats and mittens today so hurray to them!!!

Our Halloween party was a big success this year. Thanks to the 4 parents that volunteered to carve pumpkins and to Lauren's family for donating the pumpkins this year. You all sure made my job a little easier allowing me to help all groups and to take pictures. We ended the party with a veggie tray and Charlie Brown. It's amazing how the Charlie Brown movies are always a hit year after year. Gotta love them!!

Here are a few other reminders:
**Tomorrow are picture retakes. If your child is getting them taken again have them return their old pictures.

**October book-it is due on Friday or Monday. I sure hope everyone was busy reading this past month. I'm excited to see how many reached their own personal goals!! The November calendar will go home on Monday.

**We go to the nursing homes next Wednesday to read and sing to the residents. They have requested that students wear their costumes. So...please don't tuck away the costumes after Sunday. Your child will need it again. Your child doesn't have to bring a costume but it sure would be fun to see everyone dressed up!

**Conferences are this week. I had super conversations with several parents last night and I look forward to meeting with the rest tomorrow night. I am very proud of my 2A students this year: they have been working really hard in the classroom and showing me amazing Cadet Pride! Way to go Cadets! Due to conferences we do not have school this Friday. Enjoy your day off kiddos!!!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween. Stay warm!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment