Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Youtube is AMAZING!!

This is the first year we've been able to use Youtube at school and the kids and I have found it to be very useful...and entertaining!!! We have studied 3 parts of speech this year and I have shown a Grammar Rock video to introduce verbs and adjectives. I must say...the Grammar Rock videos sure brought back memories!! I watched them when I was in school :)

Grammar Rock - Verbs:

Grammar Rock - Adjectives:

We also sang a verb song so the kids would know the difference between action verbs, linking verbs, and helping verbs.

Verb Song


Finally, in social studies we have been looking at maps. The kids LOVE maps and are soooo interested in them!!! Right now I have them labeling states on the United States map. They are also locating the 7 continents and the 4 oceans on the world map. In hopes of the kids remembering the 7 continents I shared with them a song about the continents. They are quite the singers :)

Continent Song

No comments:

Post a Comment