Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Friends





Earlier this week I gave each student a puzzle piece. They needed to decorate it with pictures of things they did over their summer break. I collected all the puzzle pieces and on Tuesday they had a chance to put the puzzle together. I told them they would have to use teamwork to put it together and that I would not help them. I set them loose and they did a super job!! They started fitting pieces together almost right away. Everyone was talking and working together which made me really happy. Needless to say, they put all the pieces together within about 5 minutes and discovered they had 7 letters. They unscrambled those letters and knew they needed to spell FRIENDS. One students found the word in our classroom and they quickly organized the letters in the correct order.

They used super teamwork and put the puzzle together very quickly -- I think they set a record. Great job 2A!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- This looks great 2A. I think you have a great class and I love your Blog- Way to go Mrs. Brynsaas, I may share with teachers at South Winn.
    Hi Libby you are growing so tall.

    ReplyDelete