Friday, August 21, 2009

Wordle

I'm sure some of you are thinking, 'What is a wordle??' A wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.

So...today I had the kids tell me words that described their last 2 days in school. It took them a while to get going, but once they got going they thought of a lot of words!! As you can see from our wordle, the word "cool" is the biggest. That's because they used that word many times -- evidently they think second grade is pretty cool:) I sent home a black and white copy today and told them I would post the color copy on our blog. You can see it here: first day wordle

I hope you enjoy...your kids really did!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi 2A! I am going to be following your blog as you can see. I like your Wordle and am happy that you think second grade is cool. I also liked the way you were listening when I visited your class last week. I enjoyed learning about how you are going to do the Morning Meeting in your class!

    ReplyDelete