Friday, August 7, 2009

Goodbye Summer


As I sit here watching the Today Show (which is my daily routine early in the morning) I am saddened. No, I'm not sad because of all the horrible news but because summer is ALMOST over!! Where did it go? I was quite busy this summer visiting family and friends almost every weekend. My girls kept be busy every day...they are quite active and like to keep me busy! I took a Daily 5 literacy class to keep me up to date with my teaching. We also took a family trip to Florida which was awesome!!

But now that August has arrived, I am once again reminded that school is about to start. To be honest I am sad, but on the other had I am quite excited. I have put away my fiction books for school books. I have started setting aside time to go to school and put together my classroom again. I have also started this blog which I hope will keep you as parents even more informed about what is happening in your child's classroom.
There is one final week left of vacation I will spend that week with my girls but will also put in a lot of time in my classroom getting it prepared. I am excited and motivated to start a new school year. I can't wait to meet my new group of students for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment