Tuesday, September 15, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Happy Tuesday!! We started off the day really well. Students have built their stamina for Read to Self to 20 minutes. They also did Read to Someone for 20 minutes this morning. As mentioned, we also added Word Work to our Daily 5 routine. Your child's Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check sheet should be coming home tonight. These are your child's word study words for the week. They will buddy test over these words on Friday.

On a less happy note, I am quite disappointed with 2A's behavior. It is very difficult for me to teach and to do fun things when I have students choosing not to listen and instead are chatting with their neighbors. I have discussed this multiple times with them but things aren't changing. I have also gotten several complaints from the other specials teachers. I realize it's hard to get back into school mode, but after 17 days we really need to get back into the "swing of things". So...parents I was hoping you could help me out. Please discuss with your child about what is expected of them in school. Thanks for your help!

I have seen great things already this school year so let's remember to practice good character!!

1 comment:

  1. We have discussed chatty behaviors at home and RESPECT for all STAFF at CRESTWOOD! Thanks for letting us know...

    ReplyDelete