Friday, September 25, 2009

Writing Process

The past few writing blocks your 2A child has been learning abut the writing process. I must say I'm very impressed!! As you know, your child brought in a special object from home. They each shared their special object with the class a couple of weeks ago. Next came the hard part...actually writing about it! We started by learning about the prewriting process. For this stage, each writer begins with a graphic organizer. This helps them organize their thoughts so they're not writing random sentences:) AND yes, your child was able to remember the words prewriting and graphic organizer and then explain them to the class. I must say I was very excited and was dancing and clapping!!

Yesterday they learned the next step in the process: drafting. They needed to take their thoughts from their graphic organizer and write them into sentences on a sheet of paper. I modeled this for them and they helped me write my draft for my story. They were very relieved when I said I wanted them try their best with spelling and that at this stage I wouldn't be picky!!!

Ohhhhh....I'm so proud of my little writers:)

Here is a slide show of some students writing their draft. I was not able to get everyone...sorry. I will take more pictures next time we write and try and add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment