Friday, October 16, 2009

Ice Cream Sundaes


Wow!! It's amazing what an ice cream incentive can do to a 2nd grader!! I am very impressed with how well 2A students are learning their addition facts. I have found time to test students about 3-4 times a week. Almost everyone has passed the "easier" facts: 0's, 1's, and 10's. They are quickly learning that the other ones are a bit harder. Please make sure that your child is practicing each "family" at least 2-3 nights at home before coming to school to get tested on them. If students use their fingers or are stuck on a fact I will tell them to go home and practice some more before testing.

Thanks for practicing with your child and keep encourage them!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know the exact date yet but probably the week we let out for Thanksgiving. I'll send a note/blog post as soon as I get it figured out. You're 1 step ahead of me:)

    ReplyDelete