Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome Back!!


Wow! I can't believe it's already January...where did the time go? I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Christmas Break. I know I sure did!! It was WONDERFUL to see all my students again this morning...I really did miss them:) Everyone seemed very excited to be back at school. They also had a lot to share. It sounds like Santa was very good to the students in 2A!

Your child may have mentioned we have another teacher/helper in our classroom. She is in the process of writing a note about herself and your child will bring it home within the next couple of days. We are very excited to have her in our classroom and the students were very welcoming towards her.

Well, since we're back I guess it's time to put our noses to the grindstone and get right back at it!! We are going to spend the first couple of days review the Daily 5 and our reading strategies. I hope to do more individual reading with your child and to do reading conferences with them. I have another goal and that is for your child to do some podcasting. I introduced this before Christmas, but to be honest, I didn't really follow through with it. The kids have called me out on this (thanks kids!!) so I hope to be better at this. My goal is for students to practice a book during Daily 5 time -improve fluency- and then record it using Garageband. I will post those on the website. I will let you know when that is started -- give me a couple of weeks!

*****Other information********
I sent home their math tests today from before Christmas. I was VERY pleased with them!! Those are yours to keep.

Mrs. Sovereign is trying to reschedule our Mega Party. Our fundraiser organizers are quite busy so it sounds like it won't be until February. I will let your child know as soon as I find out!!

Report cards will come home on Monday with your child.

Cross your fingers that the snow stays away and we make it school. I really don't want too many more make-up days. Although, as I write this, it is snowing out!! Brrrrr...I hate cold weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment